Saturday, June 17, 2006

A nut of a devil

Last time, on Quentin's Blog:
For easy reference, and simply because it's cool, I shall refer to myself from lower secondary as "the Devil"...
*snip*
Hmm... hold on... all that has nothing to do with me becoming an ass now does it? Maybe a little. For that was part of what led to the somewhat anti-social state Quentin reached when he was freaking transferred for failing.


What did I fail? How badly? Why? The following are the Devil's overall marks and grades at the end of Sec 2 at River Valley High School:

ENGLISH LANGUAGE
63/B4
HIGHER CHINESE
39/F9 (bloody horrible...)
ENGLISH LITERATURE
29/F9
HISTORY
28/F9
GEOGRAPHY
58/C5
CIVICS & MORAL EDUCATION
-/B (rather surprising considering my reputation there)
ARTS AND CRAFTS
49/D7
PHYSICAL EDUCATION
-/B
MUSIC
-/C
MATHEMATICS
60/B4
COMPUTER APPRECIATION (what the hell, I don't remember this)
-/C
SCIENCE
62/B4
HOME ECONOMICS
34/F9
TECHNICAL
46/D7

Total : 468.0/1000
Percentage : 46.8/100
Conduct : FAIR (Worst conduct they can give. May very well mean we've dreamt of you burning in Hell several times, and we liked it.)
Results : Failed
Promotion Status : TRANSFERRED TO SEC 3 EXPRESS

Some of the Devil's teachers and the Devil himself may have you believe the terrible results was largely due to irresponsible behaviour and lack of study. I think back and suspect that the Devil must simply not be that good at studying in the first place, and was additionally affected by all that shit he was facing.

After the end of Sec 2 I had to transfer school which I didn't feel much like doing. I was telling my mother that if I couldn't get into a school willing to put me in a decent class that I might as well end my studies. I didn't like this schooling business anyway.

Subsequently I ended up in Shuqun Secondary School, where they seemed more than happy to take me into their best Express class even though I fared horribly in Sec 2. After all, I did pwn all of their students in the PSLE didn't I? Surely this kid can't be that bad.

On my first day at Shuqun, some guy asked whether he can call me Kacang, which ended up being what I was called about a third of the time there. Regretfully, whatever potential the school saw in me did not surface. I got through Sec 3 and Sec 4 without exceptional results, generally just having good enough results to make it seem like Kacang can do well without caring.

I didn't get a CCA because I simply wasn't in the mood to do much after I was transferred from RV, I was just there to get my secondary education over with. After being transferred I also found myself unable to face many of my old friends. Certainly they were nice people, but Quentin is a proud person who simply cannot take a failure like this and be able to face his friends. Because of my mood then I became quite a bit of an ass - more vulgar, "friendless".

I am very glad that is generally in the past now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Your Wife said...

it's ok. you have me.

3:05 pm  
Blogger Quentin Pan said...

<3

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home