Monday, July 25, 2005

I don't like China

People who know me will know that I don't like China. I give you: an example of why I dislike China.

China is prepared to use nuclear weapons against the US if it is attacked by Washington during a confrontation over Taiwan, a Chinese general said on Thursday.

“If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,” said General Zhu Chenghu.


Let's look at that for a moment. This bloody dickhead, a freaking general no less, says he's gonna use nuclear weapons in a war, before the war even starts? If this is not a sign of aggression and arrogance, I don't know what is. Does he even understand the effects of dropping a nuclear weapon on a populated area? He might as well say he'd send a god-damned demon horde there to kill their men, rape their women, and pour salt on their fields; the end result might not even be as bad.

Following that, Beijing plays down this general's threats, distancing itself from this general's comments. What does this show? The guy has no respect for authority, appearing to speak on behalf of his government without any support from them. (I know I too have no respect for authority, but I definitely would not speak on behalf of someone else without his/her support, and anyway, I am not the subject here.)

I myself am Chinese, so this is not racism. Rather, I find there's a trend of people from China being arrogant, and generally unlikeable - like this guy. Certainly not all Chinese nationals are like this, and I have known a few personally who are rather decent individuals by most standards, but China really should try to portray a more friendly image to the world, and not have its officials going around throwing threats at other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home